"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Monday, June 10, 2013

Keeping it real in a bullet post update...

::Vacation time is here!  We will be camping for a week at Murchison Falls National Park and for a week at Hairy Lemon Island...and island in the Nile.  The best part?  It's full-board so I won't have to cook.  The crazy part?  Apparently guards have to stay away at night to make sure the Hippos keep eating the grass outside your tent and not the people inside your tent.  There have been no end to Hippo jokes this week...if you are friends with us on face book, you might have even seen pictures...

::Correspondence...I stink at it.  I may have written something to this effect on the white board this week while prompting my children to write some long overdue letters...



::Immediately following our vacation, Christi will be flying home for a month to visit her family.  Our kids and the neighbors wanted to throw her a good-bye party.  They did the whole thing with out a bit of involvement from me...in fact I was blissfully taking my Sunday afternoon nap (just distinguishing that from my Monday-Saturday afternoon naps, as if it's any different) while they set up.  They made the cookies and everything...and I guess the fact that it made it to the blog shows just how impressed we were.




 ::And what do you do to entertain energetic children while waiting for food at the local Mt. Elgon Hotel?  Have them race with chairs on their heads of course...

We probably won't be spending too much time on line over the next couple weeks (although I'm sure that we'll check in from time to time to update you on the hippo situation), but I'm sure there will be an onslaught of pictures when we return.

Thanks for praying for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment