"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Friday, June 27, 2014

A couple prayer requests...

We appreciate so much when people pray for us!  It is such a blessing!

::Our Land Rover is broken again.  The second blown head gasket in 2 weeks.  This morning it got picked up and taken all the way to Kampala where there is a Land Rover repair place.  My parents are coming in two weeks, we would appreciate prayer that the Land Rover would be fixed and in good condition for their visit here so that we can use it to pile everyone into.


::Our second prayer request is for healing for Talitha.  We thought for a while that she had Rubella, but because the sickenss is lasting so long, we think it is something else...but we have no idea what!  She has had a fever for 11 days now and this horrible rash for 9.  She has a hard time walking because of it and is acting like most 2 year olds act during such long sicknesses...like a bear!  ugh...it's just no fun!  Spiritually, this has actually been quite difficult for her.  A few nights ago, she asked me if she could pray.  She prayed the most beautiful prayer I have heard from her!  "God, please help me to feel better.  Thank you for dying on the cross to wash my sins away.  Please help me to love you!  Thank you for keeping me safe."  The next morning when she woke up still sick, we were cuddling on the couch and she asked me in a very serious moment, "mama, why God not make me feel better?"  It is quite something to hear a two year old wrestling with God's somewhat difficult will for her little life.  I have been studying and thinking about suffering recently, and I was impressed with the idea that even when our children are suffering God is using it for good.  He is working in her endurance, faith, hope, and fruits of righteousness!  It is hard to stand aside and let God do this good work.  But we do trust him, that in time he will relieve her, answer her prayers (our prayers), and leave an early mark of sanctification upon her life.  May God be glorified to do this.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment