"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Monday, September 22, 2014

Stuck

So, yes...this would be my doing...

I was trying to drive to town this afternoon after a downpour.  I didn't realize that this particular road had gotten so bad.  I attempted. I failed.

Thankfully, I wasn't that far from home and a quick phone call and a few minutes later Eric and crew showed up to rescue me.  I was back out and on my way in no time.  



In the meantime, some Jehovah Witnesses had come along and had struck up a conversation with me.  I was able to share the gospel with them and warn them strongly about the reality of hell.  

The whole incident made me wonder if the "being stuck" was the excuse God used to put me in the right place at the right time to share the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ with these people.  Praying for them tonight.  It grieves me so much that the JWs and Mormans have set up shop here too and are deceiving so many.  I'm thankful that our God is greater!  

2 comments:

  1. Every "problem" is an opportunity. We have met some of our best friends while digging out of the mud. God's plan is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    My name is Eve, and my family attends Calvin OPC. We are praying for you. We really appreciate and admire all you are sacrificing to share the gospel. It is sad to hear that the Mormans and Jehovah's Witness have found followers, but what a blessing that you got to share the the gospel with them. We are praying that the Holy Spirit will work in those people's hearts. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete