"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Friday, April 3, 2015

Turtle Bread

It's a yearly tradition that in the week before Easter, we make something called Turtle Bread.  It's just a sweet dough (same dough I use for Cinnamon Rolls) shaped into a turtle.  Nothing fancy.  It was just something I randomly did one year when the kids were very little and then it somehow became a tradition. 


I love 3 year olds.  They are old enough to really really appreciate and enjoy traditions, but not old enough to remember doing them the year before.  So it makes it a lot of fun to introduce them again!  This year, as I was mixing the dough, Talitha, who could hardly wait to make Turtle Bread, came into the kitchen and asked,

 "Are you finished mixing the Turtle Bread?"

"I'm working on it," I replied.

Then she asked, "Have you put the turtles in yet?"


No comments:

Post a Comment