"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Personal Retreat

While the big kids and Eric were off at youth camp for the second half of the week, Sarah (our amazing Missionary Associate) stayed home with the littles and I had the opportunity to take a personal retreat.  I went to Jinja and stayed in a super sweet banda at a retreat center on the banks of the Nile.  Although most Ugandans would probably consider me clinically depressed for wanting to be by myself for a few days (A Ugandan would never be alone by choice) my intent was merely to spend some quality, uninterrupted time with Jesus.  And I highly, highly recommend this to any person who leads a life filled with people...be they big or little. :)  I love my quiet time in the morning reading my Bible, journaling and praying, but time constraints and the pitter patter of little feet wanting a morning snuggle, often cause me to wrap things up earlier than I want.  I took off from here wanting extended time for prayer, Bible reading and refreshment.  I downloaded a series by Elizabeth Elliot called Suffering is Not for Nothing.  It was so so good! (Although you do have to look past the 80s fashion styles...oy!)  I am super thankful to all my helpers for letting me do this.  It was a huge blessing to me and hopefully my family will also reap the fruit of this time as well!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a chance to do this! Your words and pictures are beautiful. Thank you for the Elisabeth Elliot link...I will most definitely be watching!

    ReplyDelete