"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Friday, April 29, 2016

Baby Moses

Baby Moses has kept us very busy these past two weeks. 

We've been busy

bathing


and feeding

homeschooling

and chatting

exploring

and snuggling

taking LOTS of pictures...

and being continually amazed at the health and strength God has given to this little guy!

Isn't the two week difference amazing?


But our personal time with Moses has come to an end.  He is moving to a new foster home.  Thankfully, his new foster home is just next door at our Missionary Associates house.  Since we are leaving for furlough soon, Lord willing, and since we cannot have visitors (even cute tiny ones!) for more than 30 days due to adoption stuff, he can't stay with us long term.  But we still get to visit lots.  In fact, even as I write this, he is snuggled up on my lap taking a snooze.  I'm so grateful to have been a part of this little guys life.  Foster care is near and dear to my heart and I'm so thankful to have been allowed to be a foster mama, even if it was just for a few days.  What a privilege!  I wrote in my journal yesterday that "my heart is full of joy and a tiny twinge of sadness.  Sadness that we can't do his foster care for longer, but joy that God is working great things.  I will take the sadness and hand it to Jesus and ask him to transfigure me more through it and take the joy and let it abound to the praise of God's glorious grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment