"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Friday, February 3, 2017

Dad and Mom's 50th Anniversary

This past week we were in Georgia, celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary!  What a beautiful milestone and very much worth celebrating.  Their actual anniversary isn't until this summer, but they were willing to celebrate early so that our family could be a part of it.  Their church, Covenant Presbyterian (PCA), was so wonderful to us.  They took our ideas and ran with them.  My brother and I really couldn't have pulled this off without everything that they did!  It was such a huge blessing to our family.  In addition to the church family celebrating with us, my parents square dancing club was also there.  After dinner, they graciously taught us some dances and it was great fun!  Mom even thought it was more fun than her wedding day. ;-) 





The kids all helped with serving.






Cute couple!

My dad's sister and brother were also able to join us.



The kids recited Psalm 128 for my parents.


And they sang a fun song that was written just for the occasion:



My brother Chris, the MC for the night...



Here's to many more years for these love birds!  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment