"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December Photo Project: Day 25

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." John 1:14


Christmas is hard when you are hurting.  I woke up this morning wishing that I could somehow hide from the day but knowing that I would only carry the pain with me and so there would be no point to my attempted escape.  

It amazes me that Jesus walked towards pain.  I can easily see how in his divinity, he walked towards the people that would betray him and hurt him.  But what astounds me is that he walked towards the pain in his humanity as well.  He took on flesh, knowing how humiliating it would be.  He took on flesh, knowing about Judas' betrayal.  He took on flesh, knowing Peter's denial.  He took on flesh, knowing that he would be crucified.  His humanity wanted all these things to be removed.  But he chose to walk through what hurt, so that he could deliver us from the eternal suffering that our sins deserve. 

So today, instead of hiding, I think I'll sit with Jesus.  I'll feel my pain, and I'll thank him for his.  He will be life to me today and I hope He will be for you too.

Merry Christmas, dear friends.   

No comments:

Post a Comment