"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Monday, December 2, 2013

December Photo Project Day 2

We constructed and decorated our Christmas tree today.  So thankful to the Lord that I'm finding it so much easier this year to get into the "Christmas Spirit" and actually enjoy our warm weather and fake tree.  

We had the usual kid crew of eight to help us get everything out.  But we also enjoyed the company of 5 friends who had never decorated a tree before...bringing the total number of kid crew members to 13...ages 2 to 13.

Friends on my facebook feed who are fellow fans of Ann Voskamp are proclaiming the greatness of being quiet and learning to wait during this Advent season.  And I walk into the living room and see only the need to live in the noise and chaos of hospitality and love this Advent season, as I wait to see God work in the lives of these kids...

...some of whom told me moments earlier, that their daddy never plays with them like pastor does...



...and who can resist the wonder in their eyes...

..and as we wrap a small fraction of the crew up in lights, I know that this is what the Lord has ordained for us in this moment and I thank him for it.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. You and your family does a wonderful job showing love to those who come in your gate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious and what a beautiful gift for them in being part of a family!

    ReplyDelete