"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Monday, May 19, 2014

A Great Date

This past Thursday, Eric and I went on a date.  Our plan was to go run some errands in the late afternoon, end with dinner at our favorite new restaurant and make it back in time to put the little ones to bed.  As we were sitting having our dinner, Eric said, "Let's drive up Mt. Wanale!"  So we paid our bill and took off.  As we were driving up, we saw a beautiful rainbow.  We didn't have time to make it all the way to the top and back before dark, so about half way, we found a spot where there weren't too many people and found a rock to sit on.  We watched the rain clouds blow and send their blessings to the earth below.  We prayed that God's glory would shine in our lives...even through our struggles...just like the sun through the clouds.  Then we left for home feeling refreshed and blessed with God's goodness to us and with each other.

Since this was an impromptu trip, I didn't have my nice camera with me, but I did snap come pictures on my phone.





No comments:

Post a Comment