"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Friday, January 2, 2015

January Photo Project: Day 2

I said I would do a January Photo Project and here I am, having already missed the first day.  Haha!

This year I hope to focus on people around us.  The Humans of New York Facebook page has almost 11.5 million likes because people find it interesting to see glimpses of other humans.  Perhaps you would find it interesting to meet some humans in Mbale?

Meet Mama Maria.  She is the mother of Rachel Magala with whom we share our compound.  She is from Kenya and just came for a visit.  She will stay for a few months and no doubt leave a few pounds heavier with all of Rachel's yummy cooking.  Mama Maria never learned to read, but she has entire chapters of the Bible memorized and can sit and talk about God and the scriptures for a long time.  Her love for Jesus radiates through her smile.

Mama Maria surprised me today by giving me a traditional milk jug.  It's so pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment