"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Off to School...

It was with great excitement that Carol, our friend and current guest in our spare room, woke up this morning.  For weeks she had been praying that God would provide her, a 22 year old single mom, with the school fees necessary to go back and finish her last year of high school.  Just days before the final dead-line, God did just that.  School started a 7:30 this morning and she had a mile and a half to walk with all her school supplies, but she was all smiles as she got every thing ready that Baby Divine would need for the day.



So, for the foreseeable future we get to do our school with a sweet baby toddling around and her mama gets to use her time at our house to prepare herself for her future.

It's been fun to pull out my sling again and wear this little girl while she falls asleep.  I don't think I've ever met an African baby who gets put down to sleep before she is actually asleep.  Although I did get a chuckle or two out of my friend that works for me in the mornings because I was wearing her on my front and not my back... ;-) On another cultural note, Divine only owns two diapers and a few liners because full time diapering isn't usually done here.  Makes for some interesting times with this mzungu mama.  Maybe one day, I'll have her figured out just like her mama does (she has an amazingly few amount of accidents when mama is around)... But in the mean time I might be praying for the Lord to consider giving us a few more diapers (I gave all mine away!)...

and I might have thanked God for tile floors more than a few times

...and a washer and dryer that works fairly quickly...  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment