- Packing has begun and is in full force! We have a space marked off in our garage that is the same size as our container and boxes are being filled, labeled for customs and stacked in that space.
- We are praising the Lord that we probably found a vehicle for our family and that it is already in Uganda--that means no huge import fees! We are now praying that all of the final details will be worked out in a great way.
- We are also praising the Lord for providing for us our first missionary associate, Tessa!! Tessa spent a week with us in March and after her application process with the OPC missions committee was finalized, we were able to welcome her aboard our team officially. Lord willing she will fly out with us in July and spend the following 5 months helping me in a HUGE way with the kids. We are so thankful for the ministry that she will be providing for our family. We are also praying that the Lord would provide for her financial needs. She needs to raise support to cover the cost of her travel expenses, etc.
- We just posted our new address under the contact us section of our blog. Did you catch the hint? Care packages: welcome. (Shameless, I know...) :)
- Please continue to pray for us as we wrap things up here. Saying good-bye hurts. There is no way around that. We feel the hurt as we think about what we want to do "one more time" and squeezing in final visits with friends. Our farewell dinner with the church is May 30. Pray that this will be a good time of closure for us and our church body. Pray also that Eric will continue his ministry here with zeal and wisdom until his last day.
- Pray for physical stamina. My daily to-do lists tends to outlast my my physical strength these days. Pray that the infinite God will be glorified in my finite self by allowing me to get done everything that HE wants me to in a day.
- Please pray that our house will sell for what we need out of it in God's good time. Aside from a really bad scam artist trying to make a fraudulent offer (thanks to my husband for googling his name only to find out that he was freshly out of prison having served time for fraud and to our good police man-friend who looked up his record and subsequently contacted the FBI to add our complaint to Mr. Scam-Artist's growing list of evidence that will most likely be used soon to throw him back in prison) we have had no real offers.
- Please pray for our older children who will be meeting with the elders of our new church this coming Sunday, to, Lord willing, profess their personal faith in Christ. This is a wonderful time in their lives and we are praying that the Lord will bless their child-like faith.
Thank you so much for praying for us!! We really appreciate it! :)