"to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faithin me." Acts 26:18

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Great trip to America and Back

Hello!  We're back from our trip to America!  I know I didn't tend to this space of internet very well while we were away, but here is a bit of a recap from the last 6 weeks.

I flew with six of the kids in mid-October.  Eric and the three middle ones came just before the wedding.  We were so thankful that all of our flights and traveling went so well...no hang-ups, no lost luggage, etc.


After we arrived, we attended a Ligonier conference on worship in Atlanta and then the kids flew to Grand Rapids by themselves to visit Eric's brother and Miss Paige, our former MA.  While they were there, someone graciously hired the older kids for a few days to work at their pumpkin farm.  The kids helped to package donuts and move pumpkins for a few days.


And the littles enjoyed time with their cousins and went to a kids museum. 

While they were gone, I stayed with my brother and his family while I saw lots of doctors at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.  I am so thankful that these appointments went well.  The doctors all gave their stamp of approval to the labs and advice and medicines I had started here.  We were particularly concerned about whether or not the American rheumatologist would agree with the diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis without wanting to re-do everything, but she looked over my labs that I brought with me from here and agreed with the diagnosis and the treatment that I had started.  That was a huge relief for me! I continue to see improvement with the meds: a lot of my daily pain is gone, although I do still flare very easily.

After that, I drove up to meet up with the kids and bring them back south.  We got to visit some great friends on the way.

Then we drove to Covenant College and I dropped Timothy and Katelyn off for the Covenant Preview weekend.  They had such a great time and now we have lots to pray and think about concerning their future.

After the preview weekend, we had a lovely day to drive back to my folks' house.  We took our time and enjoyed the mountains of North Georgia for a little bit. 

Finally, it was time for the rest of the family to join us and celebrate the marriage of Eric's sister.







After the wedding, we went to Williamsburg, VA for a week with Eric's family (minus the honeymooning couple).

We had a lot of time for relaxing, playing hockey, swimming, visiting with cousins, eating way too much good food, etc.  Eric and I even snuck out for a date to a Tavern in the old town of Williamsburg.  So much fun!

We forgot to get a picture of Grandpa and Grandma Tuininga and all their grandkids at the wedding, so we piled them around the couch at Williamsburg.

Then we drove back to Georgia for Thanksgiving.




On the last night in America, after all our packing was done, the kids were able to help decorate my parents' house for Christmas.  They really enjoyed that.


Then it was back to the Airport to head home.  It's always a logistical challenge to get all of us and our bags someplace.  This time we had 30 pieces of luggage!  Just a small lineup! haha!

We praise God for a wonderful trip from beginning to end.  The hellos and goodbyes (see you laters) are always hard, but God was very gracious to us. We were so thankful to be able to be with Eric's family during this special time and with my family for Thanksgiving.  Thank you to all for your prayers and support! 


No comments:

Post a Comment